Panthers’ Jonathan Huberdeau on being selected to first All-Star game: ‘It’s a great honor’

Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China Cheap Outlet For Sale
admin
Site Admin

Panthers’ Jonathan Huberdeau on being selected to first All-Star game: ‘It’s a great honor’

Post by admin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:27 am

On pace for a career-best season, Jonathan Huberdeau is heading to the NHL All-Star game for the first time.

The Florida Panthers’ forward was selected Monday as the team’s lone representative for the contest, which will take place Jan. 25 at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Mo. Huberdeau will also take part in the All-Star Skills competition the night before.

Florida’s leader in points (53), goals (16) and assists (37), Huberdeau has been dominant in his eighth season with the franchise. The Panthers’ first-round pick in 2011, Huberdeau ranks in the NHL’s top-10 for both points (sixth) and assists (fourth) this season.

“Obviously it’s a great honor to be in the All-Star Game for the first time,” Huberdeau said during a teleconference with the media. “I’ve been playing well this season and obviously points are coming in, so I thought that might have been my chance this year to get in. I’m just really happy; it’s a great experience and I’m looking forward to it.”

After posting career-highs last season in points (92), goals (30) and assists (62), Huberdeau is on pace to surpass those strong numbers through 38 games. If he continues at his current rate, the 26-year-old forward would top the 100-point mark.

The longest-tenured player on the Panthers’ roster, Huberdeau is one of just 10 players in franchise history to play in over 500 regular-season games. The veteran forward is also closing in on a number of team records. With 412 career points, he’s just eight shy of surpassing Olli Jokinen for the most in franchise history. In addition, Huberdeau is the Panthers’ career-leader in assists (271) and seventh in goals (141).

“Jonathan has developed into an elite talent in the NHL and we are thrilled for him to receive this recognition,” said Panthers president of hockey operations Dale Tallon said in a statement.

“A leader for our club and in our community, Jonathan is well deserving of this honor and we look forward to him proudly representing the Panthers at the 2020 NHL All-Star Game.”